Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Color Run


Last weekend Riley and I participated in The Color Run. I have heard that its "the happiest 5k on the planet" and it really is! 

We drove to Springfield Friday and had dinner at Cheddars with three of her friends and their moms. After dinner Riley and I went to my brother's house and stayed the night there. Riley was able to play with her cousins Maddox and Miles a little before bed. 

We woke up early and got ready for the race. Here we are "pre-paint"




We met up with the girls and their moms again and waited in line. There were thousands of people there! For safety reasons, they had to let groups go in waves. We were towards the back so had to stand around for awhile. After we got going the first color we came to was Yellow. 




They have volunteers who spray you with paint as you run/walk through the paint stations. 

After yellow was ORANGE:




Next was BLUE:


I got sprayed in the face! Riley and I were beginning to look like smurfs! 

Finally we got to PINK:



Overall we had a great time! We met up with my sister-in-law and nephew. Can't wait to do another one soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment